Game over, Penix hands the game to Michigan
kfm >
2024-01-09 04:00:42 UTC
I've seen some poor efforts in championship games, but Penix takes the
trophy for worse QB performance in this championship game.

He let his entire team down.
Michael Falkner
2024-01-09 04:12:00 UTC
Post by kfm >
I've seen some poor efforts in championship games, but Penix takes the
trophy for worse QB performance in this championship game.
He let his entire team down.
No. This game had no business being 34-13.

FIFTY-FOUR to thirteen was more like it.

ESPN stepped in and wanted the game kept close.

Mike
JE Corbett
2024-01-12 19:49:46 UTC
Post by kfm >
I've seen some poor efforts in championship games, but Penix takes the
trophy for worse QB performance in this championship game.
He let his entire team down.
Yes, he missed a couple of open receivers on deep balls that could have made
it a much closer game, but Michigan was still the better team and probably
would have won anyway. The one miss might have been because the receiver
broke the wrong way given the coverage, so that one might not have been on
Penick. I think if they played each other 10 times, Michigan would win 7 or 8.
The D-line was too dominant. Penick took a beating. By the end of the game,
I was wondering if he had a cracked rib. He was in a lot of pain.