It just matters more.....
Add Reply
michael anderson
2021-11-24 03:36:12 UTC
Two games.....Georgia/Bama for the sec title and Michigan/tOSU for the
bigten east title and playoff bid should the winner beat Wisky.....

two really big games right? In a way, the bigten game is more important because if Georgia loses, they still make the playoffs whereas the loser of the Michigan/tOSU game won't.

So I go on over to stub hub and the market for the big ten game is....ummm....solid. It's mostly strong I guess. A decent seat can be had 275 or so. The cheapest are a touch over 200. Best seat in the house type seats(regular seats, not behind the glass suite type seats)? 450ish.....

So there is a nice market for the game. For the good seats it is similar to what I saw for this years LSU at Bama game. And yeah that LSU team had quite a few Ls lol.....

But kudos to the bigten- their 'game of the year', and it *is* a big game, is a very affordable ticket that most people can afford quite easily. Few hundred bucks and voila....go at it.

Now as to the sec title game, this is a game I need to buy two tickets very soon for. And I don't like bad seats....I at least want to be between the 20s(don't need to be midfield or anything) and on the first or second row(no third row). So I'm not that picky; I don't need the type of 50 yard line seats 20 rows up that are going for 450-500 in the michigan/tosu game.

So I log on, and........

H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T

And these people(georgia fans) don't even need to win the damn game to go to the playoffs.....

It just matters more to us. Way way way more apparently....
Michael Falkner
2021-11-24 05:31:49 UTC
Post by michael anderson
Two games.....Georgia/Bama for the sec title and Michigan/tOSU for the
bigten east title and playoff bid should the winner beat Wisky.....
two really big games right? In a way, the bigten game is more important because if Georgia loses, they still make the playoffs whereas the loser of the Michigan/tOSU game won't.
Not 100% sure of that. Especially with the Committee moving Ohio State to 2, a narrow win for Michigan and then a big one for the B10 Championship could see it SEC winner/Michigan/SEC loser/Ohio State to keep a certain team out.

As far as the rest of it. Georgia doesn't feel it has to win the SEC title, and they really don't.

Mike
RoddyMcCorley
2021-11-25 07:23:02 UTC
Post by Michael Falkner
Post by michael anderson
Two games.....Georgia/Bama for the sec title and Michigan/tOSU for the
bigten east title and playoff bid should the winner beat Wisky.....
two really big games right? In a way, the bigten game is more important because if Georgia loses, they still make the playoffs whereas the loser of the Michigan/tOSU game won't.
Not 100% sure of that. Especially with the Committee moving Ohio State to 2, a narrow win for Michigan and then a big one for the B10 Championship could see it SEC winner/Michigan/SEC loser/Ohio State to keep a certain team out.
As far as the rest of it. Georgia doesn't feel it has to win the SEC title, and they really don't.
Mike
No, they DO need to win the SEC to keep the No.1 spot and play a weak
No.4 such as Cincinnati. If Bama hammers UGA, they could be out of the
CFP altogether. Drop to No.2 or No.3, then they probably have to play
OSU or Michigan.

So yes, they do need to win the SEC.
--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg
Michael Falkner
2021-11-25 21:34:54 UTC
Post by RoddyMcCorley
No, they DO need to win the SEC to keep the No.1 spot and play a weak
No.4 such as Cincinnati. If Bama hammers UGA, they could be out of the
CFP altogether. Drop to No.2 or No.3, then they probably have to play
OSU or Michigan.
If Ohio State rolls Michigan and the B10W champion, as expected, yeah, Georgia probably needs to beat Bama to stay #1.

But as far as MAKING the playoff, as I at least inferred, they're probably, at worst, #2 or #3 unless Georgia Tech beats them as well.

Mike
michael anderson
2021-11-27 06:27:22 UTC
Post by RoddyMcCorley
Post by michael anderson
[...]
lmao....georgia is a 17+ pt favorite against michigan now. You really think they care if they have to play Michigan.