USWNT Report
Johnny RSFCootball
2021-07-25 05:06:02 UTC
After an embarrassing loss to the Swedes, the ladies in the red, white, and blue were able to bounce back with a convincing 6-1 victory over an outpersoned New Zealand side. Captain America Megan Rapinoe and her fellow patriots face Australia on Tuesday in the final group stage match. A win or draw against the Aussies will clinch a spot in the quarterfinals for Team USA.
unclejr
2021-07-25 15:09:17 UTC
Nice weauxf. USWNT is now doomed.
Johnny RSFCootball
2021-07-25 16:56:09 UTC
Win or lose, I will always support the US teams, because I’m a real American, and not a fake patriot or a Russian troll.
Johnny RSFCootball
2021-07-27 12:17:12 UTC
Just draw, Baby!!
Johnny RSFCootball
2021-07-30 13:38:07 UTC
Shootout alert!
Johnny RSFCootball
Naeher with two big saves followed by the emphatic game winner from Rapinoe. On to the semis to face the Canadians.
unclejr
Naeher was main the reason why they won.
Eric Ramon
Whiny Goofball Loser hasn't had anything to say about it. I noticed he backed another loser in a Texas race and is now furious because it was somebody else's fault.
The NOTBCS Guy
2021-07-26 20:13:29 UTC
Post by Johnny RSFCootball
After an embarrassing loss to the Swedes, the ladies in the red, white, and blue were able to bounce back with a convincing 6-1 victory over an outpersoned New Zealand side.
It's hard to lose with a scoreline like this:
New Zealand 1
New Zealand Own Goals 2
unclejr
2021-08-02 14:30:03 UTC
A 1-0 loss to the Canadians when the USWNT dominated possession and shots stings a bit, but that's soccer. They play Australia for the bronze.
Johnny RSFCootball
2021-08-02 17:33:54 UTC
FIRE EVERYBODY!!!
The NOTBCS Guy
2021-08-02 18:30:28 UTC
No need for that - just get rid of the instant replay official. (Never mind that the call was correct and obvious, or that USA has been on the receiving end of video review calls as well.)
Eric Ramon
2021-08-02 20:12:14 UTC
Post by Johnny RSFCootball
After an embarrassing loss to the Swedes, the ladies in the red, white, and blue were able to bounce back with a convincing 6-1 victory over an outpersoned New Zealand side. Captain America Megan Rapinoe and her fellow patriots face Australia on Tuesday in the final group stage match. A win or draw against the Aussies will clinch a spot in the quarterfinals for Team USA.
A 1-0 loss to the Canadians when the USWNT dominated possession and shots stings a bit, but that's soccer. They play Australia for the bronze.
no dishonor in that. The best soccer game I ever played in (high school) my team lost 1-0. We (Englewood) played Hackensack which was 14-0 at the time. We were in 2nd and facing a team we'd lost to at their place, 4-2. On our home field it was really a pretty fantastic experience. I hit the #@$%ing crossbar! One of my biggest regrets from my HS days. After beating all the other teams by 9-0 or whatever they knew they were in an actual game and, tell me if this is crazy, seeing how happy and relieved they were at the end of the game was very satisfying for me.

I suppose this Olympics game would be the equivalent of Englewood *beating* Hackensack so more power to Canada.
RoddyMcCorley
2021-08-02 22:18:58 UTC
Post by Eric Ramon
Post by Johnny RSFCootball
After an embarrassing loss to the Swedes, the ladies in the red, white, and blue were able to bounce back with a convincing 6-1 victory over an outpersoned New Zealand side. Captain America Megan Rapinoe and her fellow patriots face Australia on Tuesday in the final group stage match. A win or draw against the Aussies will clinch a spot in the quarterfinals for Team USA.
A 1-0 loss to the Canadians when the USWNT dominated possession and shots stings a bit, but that's soccer. They play Australia for the bronze.
I suppose this Olympics game would be the equivalent of Englewood *beating* Hackensack so more power to Canada.
A Jersey boy?
--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg
unclejr
I think so. He said that his favorite NFL team is the Giants.
Eric Ramon
2021-08-03 05:25:55 UTC
Post by RoddyMcCorley
Post by Eric Ramon
Post by Johnny RSFCootball
After an embarrassing loss to the Swedes, the ladies in the red, white, and blue were able to bounce back with a convincing 6-1 victory over an outpersoned New Zealand side. Captain America Megan Rapinoe and her fellow patriots face Australia on Tuesday in the final group stage match. A win or draw against the Aussies will clinch a spot in the quarterfinals for Team USA.
A 1-0 loss to the Canadians when the USWNT dominated possession and shots stings a bit, but that's soccer. They play Australia for the bronze.
I suppose this Olympics game would be the equivalent of Englewood *beating* Hackensack so more power to Canada.
A Jersey boy?
--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg
my Dad worked in Jersey City. I headed West after high school and stayed out here.