USC's next head coach
Add Reply
JGibson
2021-09-14 13:35:49 UTC
I'm betting on Urban Meyer
Eric Ramon
2021-09-14 17:38:38 UTC
Post by JGibson
I'm betting on Urban Meyer
I predict the Trojans will win a few games and the players will lobby for Donte Williams. I think that's how Helton got the job, IIRC. Unclejr? Is that right?
unclejr
2021-09-15 09:10:10 UTC
Post by Eric Ramon
Post by JGibson
I'm betting on Urban Meyer
I predict the Trojans will win a few games and the players will lobby for Donte Williams. I think that's how Helton got the job, IIRC. Unclejr? Is that right?
Yes, most of the players. Su'a Cravens said that it's either Helton, or he's leaving for the NFL. Haden hired Helton, and Cravens declared for the NFL anyway.

Mike Bohn is not Pat Haden.
dexter
2021-09-14 23:15:11 UTC
Post by JGibson
I'm betting on Urban Meyer
Yah, it's just about time for Urban's heart problems to resurface in the
NFL.
michael anderson
2021-09-15 16:56:56 UTC
Post by JGibson
I'm betting on Urban Meyer
the image pr hit(which I think meyer cares about at this point after previous issues) would be *brutal* if he bailed on jax after a tough 1st season, so I really don't
see this one in the offseason.

Dan Patrick said maybe James Franklin might bolt PSU to take the job. I think though USC may get a lot more dissapointing hire(again) than many of their fans hope.....I mean they hired
Helton for christ sakes in the first place.
JGibson
2021-09-15 18:02:56 UTC
Post by michael anderson
Post by JGibson
I'm betting on Urban Meyer
the image pr hit(which I think meyer cares about at this point after previous issues) would be *brutal* if he bailed on jax after a tough 1st season, so I really don't
see this one in the offseason.
I'm wondering if he doesn't get fired before the seasons's over based on things I read.
Different administration now, so I don't think they'll promote from within. Franklin might not be a bad fit, but he lost to Helton in their one PSU vs USC meeting, and that was Franklin's best year at PSU, so that seems like a negative for USC hiring him. They went pretty far down their list when they hired Carroll and that really worked out for them.
michael anderson
2021-09-16 16:51:33 UTC
Post by JGibson
Post by michael anderson
Post by JGibson
I'm betting on Urban Meyer
the image pr hit(which I think meyer cares about at this point after previous issues) would be *brutal* if he bailed on jax after a tough 1st season, so I really don't
see this one in the offseason.
I'm wondering if he doesn't get fired before the seasons's over based on things I read.
Like what kind of things and from who?

Look it's been 1 game. From what was the *worst* team in the league last year. if he wants this job, he definately has a free run to do whatever in terms of results this year. He can go 0-16 and won't face
any pressure because of that. Given the nature of who the hire is, the commitment they made to him, and where the team was.

Again, it's been 1 game.....

not saying he will be successful(I would bet against it) of course.