Total Domination
mlmcm...@gmail.com
2021-04-06 03:38:01 UTC
I thought this was close to a 50-50 game, but I liked our chances (especially after Mia picked Gonzaga so confidently). Still, Timme worried me a bit because our bigs are the weakest link on the team.

But Baylor was just too much quicker. Not only quicker than the Zags, but clearly quicker than the teams the Zags have played. Gonzaga couldn't figure out the speed. The zone disrupted things a bit, but Gonzaga had to work too hard on defense to be able to outplay that intense defense on the other end.

And, interestingly, the knock on Drew was once that he couldn't coach defense.

Sic 'em.
michael anderson
2021-04-06 03:41:44 UTC
lmao.....and yet except for that point guard their players will be hustling in europe or the g league next year while the zags players will have guaranteed nba contracts.....
mlmcm...@gmail.com
2021-04-06 03:53:48 UTC
Which has nothing to do with what makes a great college team. Not that you're right, anyway. The evidence was on the court. Look at the scoreboard.
michael anderson
just pointing out that multiple gonzaga players will enjoy guaranteed nba contracts while the baylor players(mitchell aside) will be making 35k in g league
JGibson
Well, Butler ended up in the second round, but Gonzaga and Baylor ended up having the same number of draft picks in yesterday's draft.
Johnny RSFCootball
2021-07-30 16:11:38 UTC
Post by JGibson
Post by michael anderson
Post by ***@gmail.com
I thought this was close to a 50-50 game, but I liked our chances (especially after Mia picked Gonzaga so confidently). Still, Timme worried me a bit because our bigs are the weakest link on the team.
But Baylor was just too much quicker.
lmao.....and yet except for that point guard their players will be hustling in europe or the g league next year while the zags players will have guaranteed nba contracts.....
Which has nothing to do with what makes a great college team. Not that you're right, anyway. The evidence was on the court. Look at the scoreboard.
just pointing out that multiple gonzaga players will enjoy guaranteed nba contracts while the baylor players(mitchell aside) will be making 35k in g league
Well, Butler ended up in the second round, but Gonzaga and Baylor ended up having the same number of draft picks in yesterday's draft.
Ayayi from Gonzaga went undrafted but I could see him getting some nba minutes at some point in the future. Timme projects as a second round pick next season, so no surprise if he gets an nba contract in the near future, but he could also spend time “toiling” in the g league. On the Baylor side, Mayer is also projecting as a second round pick, so copy and paste what I just said about timme. I could see Flagler and Tchatchoua working their way into the next year’s draft, but that’s no guarantee. Keep in mind not everybody these days makes the nba through the draft and straight from college.

I could see at least three players from each team eventually earning some form of an nba contract, with some time spent in the g league certainly a possibility as well. Anyone who actually watched both teams play during the season (which I highly recommend before placing a bet on a game involving the teams) knew that Baylor was right there with Gonzaga in terms of talent, especially at the college level, which is really all that mattered at that point in time.
mlmcm...@gmail.com
If Mayer has peaked, 2nd round is probably right. If he improves for next year as much as he improved this past year, he will move into the mid first round category. That's where a lot of people think he'll end up fitting. He hasn't done as much, but he has the body type the NBA likes these days.
Johnny RSFCootball
2021-07-30 16:39:40 UTC
Post by JGibson
Post by michael anderson
Post by ***@gmail.com
Post by michael anderson
Post by ***@gmail.com
[...]
He was a good shooter too, and I saw him make some good defensive plays.

I should also add to my previous message is that what probably kept Butler out of the first round was his health issues. He definitely showcased first round talent last season.
mlmcm...@gmail.com
Butler dropped because of his health status.
michael anderson
2021-07-30 16:26:01 UTC
Post by JGibson
Post by michael anderson
Post by ***@gmail.com
I thought this was close to a 50-50 game, but I liked our chances (especially after Mia picked Gonzaga so confidently). Still, Timme worried me a bit because our bigs are the weakest link on the team.
But Baylor was just too much quicker.
lmao.....and yet except for that point guard their players will be hustling in europe or the g league next year while the zags players will have guaranteed nba contracts.....
Which has nothing to do with what makes a great college team. Not that you're right, anyway. The evidence was on the court. Look at the scoreboard.
just pointing out that multiple gonzaga players will enjoy guaranteed nba contracts while the baylor players(mitchell aside) will be making 35k in g league
Well, Butler ended up in the second round, but Gonzaga and Baylor ended up having the same number of draft picks in yesterday's draft.
Baylor had one player drafted who gets a guaranteed contract. Gonzagas third best player may get drafted next year where he gets an nba contract.

Players who go at #40 in the draft don't have excellent chances of getting out of the g-league/10 day/2 way contract cycle to make any money.

There is an excellent chance that only one player on Baylor's team will ever cash substantial nba paychecks....exactly as I said 4 months ago.

With gonzaga, we know at least 2 will.
Johnny RSFCootball
That’s certainly useful information in terms of betting on March madness, but if that’s all your looking at, then I recommend putting that money in AAPL or MSFT or something of that nature. I glance at mock drafts before I fill out my bracket, but it’s not at the top of my to do list. Actually watching the teams play is always a good first step, especially if youre going to publicly guarantee your picks and don’t like looking like a dumnass.
Plaidmoon
I think Baylor owes UCLA a big thank you. If Gonzaga beats UCLA by 15 or 20 without overtime, I think tonight's game would have been much closer. I'm not saying Gonzaga would win, just that it wouldn't have been as easy for Baylor.
jimbr...@yahoo.com
I was thinking the same thing. So were the announcers. Gonzaga looked spent all night. They actually looked scared to shoot in the second half...i think the blocks intimidated and affected their shooting, either forcing the rush or the extra passes.
mlmcm...@gmail.com
2021-04-07 01:14:39 UTC
Post by Plaidmoon
On
I think Baylor owes UCLA a big thank you. If Gonzaga beats UCLA by 15 or 20 without overtime, I think tonight's game would have been much closer. I'm not saying Gonzaga would win, just that it wouldn't have been as easy for Baylor.
I don't doubt it helped. Of course, even at the end of the game, Baylor didn't look very tired -- the announcers even mentioned they looked like they could play another game. Still, I don't doubt the Saturday game was a bit to get over.

OTOH, Baylor was playing a 2 seed and Gonzaga was playing an 11 seed. If anyone should have had any easy time on Saturday, it was Gonzaga.
Con Reeder, unhyphenated American
2021-04-06 09:45:49 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
I thought this was close to a 50-50 game, but I liked our chances
(especially after Mia picked Gonzaga so confidently).
And then he doubled down. Doom for Gonzaga.
--
That a few of us need to be more in touch with our feelings has obscured
a deep truth: many more folks need to be much less in touch with theirs.