2021 RSFC CFPOOL Week 7 Entry Form
CFPool Email Account
2021-10-11 14:57:23 UTC
To enter using your browser, go to:

https://www.cfpool.com/#/season/entry/2021/7

For other RSFC CFPOOL information, go to:

https://www.cfpool.com

Games for 2021 RSFC CFPOOL Week 7,
due Sat, Oct 16, 2021, 10:00 AM MDT:

$
Michigan State at Indiana
Auburn at Arkansas
Nebraska at Minnesota
Oklahoma State at Texas
Ball State at Eastern Michigan
Fresno State at Wyoming
Pittsburgh at Virginia Tech
Toledo at Central Michigan
Brigham Young at Baylor
Kentucky at Georgia
Alabama at Mississippi State
Stanford at Washington State
Iowa State at Kansas State
North Carolina State at Boston College
Mississippi at Tennessee
UCLA at Washington
Air Force at Boise State
Arizona State at Utah
Johnny RSFCootball
2021-10-15 02:15:46 UTC
This is a difficult week. Everyone is probably going to have the same top two, then it gets real tough after that. I have Pitt as my third most confident victor, and I’m not confident in that pick at all. I have Toledo fourth, but don’t ask me why, because I have no idea.
jimbr...@yahoo.com
Who manages this? How do they choose which games?
Johnny RSFCootball
I’m not sure, but it’s been around since at least the ‘90s, which was the last time I participated.
JGibson
2021-10-15 14:12:05 UTC
Post by Johnny RSFCootball
Post by Johnny RSFCootball
[...]
From here: https://cfpool.com/#/cfRules

Does it take a lot of effort to run the pool?
In 1986, when Chris Stassen first started the pool, participants published their picks to the rec.sports.football.college USEnet group along with sending an email. Chris would then collect/validate the entries and score the results by hand. As the pool became more popular the weekly time commitment increased.

Now, retrieving the game results and scoring the crosstable is completely automated except for the final validation of the game results. Since there have been cases where game results have been reported in error we have a manual validation process we perform before finalizing the week. This is why you may not see the final results (i.e. Year To Date report) immediately following the end of the last game. This process sometimes gets delayed due to personal time constraints.

Most of the time is spent selecting "close" games for the coming week and posting the results to the rec.sports.college.football USEnet group. This amounts to 1-2 hours a week.

Back to FAQ index

Who is operating the pool?
The pool is being run currently by Steve Schmadeke and Nick Lonsky of Talient, Inc. Steve is a Husker fan, making the 1000-mile round trip from the Denver area to Lincoln for all of the home games. Steve makes all the selections for the game list each week, so any perceived bias can be laid at his doorstep.

We inherited operation of the pool from cjohn mace, who ran the pool from 1995 through 1999 and established the cfpool.com domain. Prior to cjohn, the pool was run, with two interruptions, by Chris Stassen who established the pool in 1986. Mannie Lowe ran the pool in 1989 and 1990. "johndoe" ran it in 1993.
xyzzy
2021-10-15 17:14:46 UTC
Post by JGibson
From here: https://cfpool.com/#/cfRules
[...]
Wow 22 years those guys have been running it. Impressive track record.
--
“I usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” — Altie