oh my god espn is unbearable.....
Add Reply
michael anderson
2019-09-11 02:59:02 UTC
total douche Jeremy Schapp is doing some special talking about the first 'game' that ESPN ever broadcast.

the degree to which these espn people take themselves too seriously is troubling.

Jeremy Schapp may be the worst of the bunch.

as if the first live sporting event on espn has any kind of meaning looking back...
J***@protonmail.com
2019-09-11 03:38:08 UTC
I remember the early days of ESPN very well. Going from 7 channels to 8 was huge. Now days if you don’t like what’s on your tv you can just pick one of the other 349,639 viewing options.
RoddyMcCorley
2019-09-11 21:07:04 UTC
Post by J***@protonmail.com
I remember the early days of ESPN very well. Going from 7 channels to 8 was huge. Now days if you don’t like what’s on your tv you can just pick one of the other 349,639 viewing options.
All of which suck also.
--
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul
with evil.

Pennsylvania - Tá sé difriúil anseo.
Eric Ramon
2019-09-11 23:19:25 UTC
I want my MTV
Ken Olson
2019-09-12 03:13:53 UTC
Post by Eric Ramon
I want my MTV
When you find it, let me know.

b***@gmail.com
2019-09-11 10:35:41 UTC
Talk about your delayed reactions....
The NOTBCS Guy
2019-09-11 14:18:28 UTC
Post by michael anderson
total douche Jeremy Schapp is doing some special talking about the first 'game' that ESPN ever broadcast.
as if the first live sporting event on espn has any kind of meaning looking back...
But if SEC Network has a special on Nick Saban's first championship for Alabama, you'd probably sell your soul - and your boat - to be able to watch it if you had to.

However, I doubt I would have been able to watch ESPN's first live broadcast, as it was a "premium" ($10/month extra - the same price as HBO) channel in Ye Olden Days where I lived.
xyzzy
2019-09-11 14:37:03 UTC
Post by michael anderson
total douche Jeremy Schapp is doing some special talking about the first 'game' that ESPN ever broadcast.
the degree to which these espn people take themselves too seriously is troubling.
Jeremy Schapp may be the worst of the bunch.
as if the first live sporting event on espn has any kind of meaning looking back...
This made me curious so I looked it up. Wiki to the rescue: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_College_Football

First college football gamed aired by ESPN: Oregon 33, Colorado 19, 1979 (tape delay)

First live college football game aired by ESPN: 1982 Independence Bowel (Wisconsin 14, Kansas State 3) -- bowls were outside the control of the NCAA CFA contract so ESPN could get access to them.

First live regular season game aired by ESPN: BYU 20, #3 Pittsburgh 14, 9/1/1984... BYU won the MNC that year.
JGibson
2019-09-11 15:20:24 UTC
That game helped propel BYU up the polls, but that Pitt team might be the most overrated team in the preseason ever.
d***@gmail.com
2019-09-11 18:24:38 UTC
Post by michael anderson
total douche Jeremy Schapp is doing some special talking about the first 'game' that ESPN ever broadcast.
the degree to which these espn people take themselves too seriously is troubling.
Jeremy Schapp may be the worst of the bunch.
as if the first live sporting event on espn has any kind of meaning looking back...
Well, it is the first week of Year 41 -- the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the network.

Mike