Fielder's Choice at all three bases?
JGibson
2021-07-27 13:51:21 UTC
Is there a name for this? Happened to one of our players last night (okay my kid). Small dinker, and the kid going home gets out. Decent shot to shallow left, and they get the guy going to third. Then a really hard liner out to center, but they still nailed the guy going to second. Only player he never got out was himself.
Michael Falkner
2021-07-27 23:40:39 UTC
Is there a name for this? Happened to one of our players last night (okay my kid). Small dinker, and the kid going home gets out. Decent shot to shallow left, and they get the guy going to third. Then a really hard liner out to center, but they still nailed the guy going to second. Only player he never got out was himself.
It's called 0 for 3, reached on 3 fielder's choices.

No, I don't think there's a special name for that.

Mike
JGibson
2021-07-28 02:52:47 UTC
Yes, but that could have been 3 at 2nd or 3 at 3rd. This was the fielder's choice cycle.
Steve
2021-07-28 20:57:21 UTC
Post by Michael Falkner
Is there a name for this? Happened to one of our players last night (okay my kid). Small dinker, and the kid going home gets out. Decent shot to shallow left, and they get the guy going to third. Then a really hard liner out to center, but they still nailed the guy going to second. Only player he never got out was himself.
It's called 0 for 3, reached on 3 fielder's choices.
No, I don't think there's a special name for that.
Yes, but that could have been 3 at 2nd or 3 at 3rd. This was the fielder's choice cycle.
Call it a Blue Falcon Supreme

And tell your kid to hit better.
Johnny RSFCootball
2021-07-29 01:19:28 UTC
Post by Steve
Post by Michael Falkner
Is there a name for this? Happened to one of our players last night (okay my kid). Small dinker, and the kid going home gets out. Decent shot to shallow left, and they get the guy going to third. Then a really hard liner out to center, but they still nailed the guy going to second. Only player he never got out was himself.
It's called 0 for 3, reached on 3 fielder's choices.
No, I don't think there's a special name for that.
Yes, but that could have been 3 at 2nd or 3 at 3rd. This was the fielder's choice cycle.
Call it a Blue Falcon Supreme
And tell your kid to hit better.
Sounds like he would have been at least 2 for 3 if there weren’t runners on base. Maybe the runners need to run better.

I guess these would be called fielder’s choices, even though, in the latter two cases, it sounds like the fielders opted for the only realistic choice they had of getting an out.