The Big XII may soon cease to exist entirely...
Michael Falkner
2021-07-23 16:46:23 UTC
Word from ESPN is that, once it gets through lawyers, etc., Texas and Oklahoma are GONE from the Big XII and we are probably headed toward either four 16-team conferences or one national 32-team superconference.

Mike
Plaidmoon
2021-07-23 18:48:07 UTC
Post by Michael Falkner
Word from ESPN is that, once it gets through lawyers, etc., Texas and Oklahoma are GONE from the Big XII and we are probably headed toward either four 16-team conferences or one national 32-team superconference.
Mike
I’ve seen a couple of reports this morning that during a Big 12 conference call yesterday, the remaining teams discussed proposing a merger to the PAC-12 and forming a 20 team conference. They apparently feel it’s a better solution than poaching teams from the AAC. It’s not clear if the PAC-12 will be interested or if they would want all of the teams. I have heard they have rejected BYU because of their religious affiliation (partly because they won’t play on Sundays, which causes scheduling hassles), so a few of the PAC-12 schools may have issues with Baylor and TCU.